Yay – thanks to your great ongoing support and that of Copa management, we’ve locked in another batch of 4 mid-year Copa afternoon dates – the first Sunday of June, July, August & September (Father’s Swingin’ Day).
More great tunes, more great vocalists and our usual high calibre line up of Melbourne’s top jazz and session musicians, including band members from high profile TV & Melbourne theatre shows.
And by popular demand, the ‘B# / Swing Patrol Copa Combo’ will be on again!
That’s right folks… Swing Patrol, is comin’ to the Copa party on these 4 dates providing a swing dance class prior to the B# performance!
It’s a great opportunity to build your repertoire of moves and enjoy the lush, invigorating sounds of B# even more! And what a great deal it is:
For an extra $5, you get an introduction to the wonderful world of swing dancing in an easy, fun, 45 minute lesson. Provided by a highly experienced Swing Patrol teacher duo, you’ll be up and dancing in no time. Bring a partner, a friend or just bring yourself – you’ll be in great hands with Swing Patrol! Simply arrive in time for a 12pm dance class, and for a total of $25, you’ll score yourself a 45min lesson followed by our 2.5hr Big Band performance. It’s a perfect way to enhance your Sunday afternoon swing experience!
Who could ask for more…
- A fabulous, well-appointed venue
- ‘Copa Cuisine’ to satisfy a Sunday lunch appetite. Click here for: Copa Sunday Menu.
- Full bar and coffee facilities
- Linen-covered tables with seating for over 300
- A 45min swing dance lesson before the band takes the stage
- A big, slick dance floor
- and the lush sounds of Big Band swing!
All we need… is you!
* The B# Big Band (17 piece) at The Copacabana – 139 Smith St, Fitzroy!
* Sundays, 3rd June, 1st July, 5th Aug & 2nd September 2018
* Doors Open:
- 11:50 am for Dance Class attendees.
- 12:30 pm for Big Band only attendees.
- 12 pm to 12:45 pm – Dance Class.
- 1 pm to 3:30 pm – B# Big Band performance.
* Vocalists – Aug 5th:
- Julie O’Hara & Ben Gillespie – covering 30s, 40s & 50s chanteuse & crooner swing classics.
* Entry Prices:
- Dance Class & B# Performance: Via: www.swinginmelbourne.com.au up to 3 days before each event – $25 (or $20 for ‘group bookings’ of 20 or more). Else, $30 ‘at the door’ unless ‘sold out’ prior, so best to book.
- B# Performance Only: Via: www.swinginmelbourne.com.au up to 3 days before each event – $20 (or $15 for ‘group bookings’ of 20 or more). Else, $25 ‘at the door’ unless ‘sold out’ prior, so best to book.
- No concessions.
* Discount Pre-Purchased Tickets:
- Click Here To Book
- NOTE 1: Purchasing tickets via the above website guarantees entry and an allocated seat.
- NOTE 2: ‘Reserved seating’ for groups of 6 or more who purchase tickets via this website can be arranged. Once 6 or more tickets have been purchased, call The Copa on 9417 7099 to ‘reserve’ best available seats.
- These events are otherwise ‘General Admission’ and it’s ‘first in best dressed’ for all remaining seating. Rest assured, there’s plenty of free parking around the venue. For further information: Call the ‘B# Hotline’ – 0416 271 319.
- REMINDER: Click Here To Book